What is the 7/ 12 extract or Satbara utara?
The 7/ 12 or satbara utara extract is the extract from the Land Register of any district in Maharashtra, which gives complete information about a certain piece of land.
How did it get its name 7. 12. ?
The 7. 12. extract is named after the 2 forms that are used to collect the information for the extract:
- Village Form VII which records the details of the owner and rights
- Village Form XII which records the agricultural aspects of the land
It is also known as Saat-Baaraa Uttaaraa.
What does the 7. 12. extract contain?
The 7. 12. extract contains:
- Name of the owner(s)
- Type of Land: Agri / N. A.
- Name of the cultivator of the land (if different from the owner)
- What crops are grown on the land
- Details of any outstanding loan
- Details of any pending litigation
- Details of tax paid / unpaid
- Easements / Access roads to the land
For what can the 7. 12. extract be used?
The 7. 12. extract can be used for various purposes like:
- Looking up the ownership of ancestral land or land in a village
- Knowing about any past disputes and the orders passed affecting the land
- Knowing about the type of activities being carried out on the land
- Knowing about the agricultural and natural aspects of the surrounding areas.
What law is the 7. 12. extract governed by?
The 7. 12. extract is required to be maintained under the Maharashtra Land Revenue Record of Rights and Registers (Preparation and Maintenance) Rules, 1971 sections 3, 5, 6, 7, 29
Is the 7. 12. extract a public document? Can I see it online?
Yes. The 7. 12. extract is a public document and can be accessed online at: http://mahabhulekh.maharashtra.gov.in/
Important Marathi Terms used:
- Khaataa = Account
- Zilla = District
- Tehsil / Taluka = District Division
- Gat Kramaank = Area Number
- Up-vibhag = Sub-section
- Bhudhaarna Paddhati = Type of land
- Shetaache Sthaanik Naav = Local name of the land
- Jal seenchit = Water irrigated